Power meter (tariff) PM-2 for assessing the quality and consumption of electricity in everyday life
Electrical energy is one of the most demanded resources in human activity and life. The consumption of this resource and, accordingly, the costs of it depend on the quality of electricity and the electrical devices used. Therefore, it is important to understand the parameters of the power supply network and the parameters of the consumption of electrical energy by the load, as well as the costs for it over a certain period of time. For general assessment cases, electricity meters are used, however, for domestic or private cases, it is advisable to use a simpler device, for example, a power meter (tariff) from Robiton.
The PM-2 power meter (calculator) is a transitional device that is plugged into the power outlet, and to which the mains cable or plug of the end device is connected. The power meter has an LCD display for displaying information and a number of buttons for presetting and selecting the displayed information.
Parameters displayed on the PM-2 meter display
- Current time.
- Mains voltage (V).
- The current consumed by the connected electrical appliance (A).
- Active power consumption of the connected appliance (W).
- The amount of electricity consumed by the connected electrical appliance (kWh).
- AC frequency (Hz).
- The power factor of the connected device.
- Total running time and accrued cost.
- Operating time and accrued cost in price program 1 (if this parameter is set).
- Opening hours and accrued cost in price program 2 (if this parameter is set).
Thus, with the help of a power meter (tariffer) PM-2, it is possible to register in real time as parameters of the power supply network itself - voltage, network frequency; as well as the parameters of the connected load - current consumption, active power consumption and power factor. As a metering device, the PM-2 device evaluates the amount of electricity consumed, the operating time and the accrued cost.
The power meter (calculator) PM-2 is a household device, which is a kind of advantage, as it allows you to carry out all the necessary measurements without the required qualifications (measurements in the 220V AC network must be carried out by qualified personnel with a tolerance group of at least 3) and a special measuring tool . On the other hand, the PM-2 power meter is not a measuring instrument, it is not protected from opening and does not undergo periodic verification, its readings cannot be considered reliable and significant (in a legal aspect), therefore the device can only be used as a household device for private or initial estimates of the power supply network and electricity consumption.
Main technical characteristics and features of the PM-2 meter
- Input: 220 V (AC), 50 Hz.
- Maximum load: 16 A, 3600 W.
- Voltage measurement accuracy: +/-1%.
- Current measurement range: 0.01 - 16 A.
- Current measurement accuracy: +/-1% or +/-0.01 A.
- Voltage measurement range: 190-276 V (AC).
- Measured frequency range: 45-65 Hz.
- Load power measurement accuracy: +/-1% or +/-0.2 W.
- Total consumption display range: 0.00-9999.99 kWh.
- Consumption without load: <0.5W.
- Operating temperature: from 0°C to +50°C.
For more technical specifications, see the User Manual on the product card.